Details of our after school clubs can be found here.
· Breakfast club is open five mornings from 7.50 am – 8:50am (Term time only).
· Breakfast will be served 7:50am to 8:15am. Toast or cereals available until 8:10am and just cereals available from 8:10am to 8:15am. Please note that serving finishes promptly at 8.15am and we are unable to provide breakfast for any children arriving after this time. If your child arrives after 8.15am without having had breakfast, you will be asked to provide them with something to eat. Water will always be available.
· The club is available for pupils from Reception to Year 6
· Each child’s details, medical conditions, parent contact details and additional emergency contact information are kept in the academy office.
· Entrance to Breakfast Club is via the fire exit door located to the right of the main reception doors at the end of the main hall. Access through the staff car park is prohibited. Please enter the academy premises through the gate at the front of academy.
· Bookings are made in advance. (See Booking Arrangements)
· Children are registered as they arrive and the register is kept in the academy office.
· At the end of the session children are escorted outside onto the playground where they line up with the rest of their class.
· There are three members of staff on duty every morning:
Mrs Reid, Mrs Brown and Miss Rogers with Mrs Eckersley (Dolce Catering) serving breakfasts.
· Staff receive regular safeguarding training.
· A senior leader and first aider are always on call during Breakfast Club.
Children attending the Breakfast Club are expected to behave according to the expectations set out in the Behaviour Policy. Incidents of inappropriate behaviour at the Breakfast Club will be reported to the headteacher.
Parents will be informed of behaviour which gives cause for concern and following a warning, a ban from Breakfast Club may be given at the headteacher’s discretion.
The cost per day is £2.20 per child per day payable on the morning or in advance. Please can you make sure you have the correct amount of money. (Cheques payable to Bell Lane Academy).
For safety reasons the maximum amount of children we are able to provide for is 33 children per day. This is due to adult/child ratio and limitations of space. 31 places are available to pre-book with 2 places being available at short notice.
Most children have regular places in Breakfast Club every week, so we operate a reserve list for all days for spare places.
Siblings starting at the academy of other children already in Breakfast Club will have priority over new children without siblings
Your child’s name will be put down on request and placed on the reserve list in date order. When a place becomes available on day/days requested we will contact you.
New children on the reserve list for September will be offered places, if available, during the month of July.
In the case of an unforeseen, extreme family crisis, a short term place may be available in Breakfast Club. Please see the headteacher to discuss your circumstances if this is the case. Whilst a place cannot be guaranteed, we will do our best to help.
Whenever possible we ask that you let us know the day before, or sooner, if your child will not be attending on a particular day. This allows us to offer the place to another child for that day.
If you fail to let us know on more than three occasions that your child /children will not be attending Breakfast Club your child/children may be taken off the register.